Review: My Beauty Diary Yogurt Mask

    ARGHHHH wtf blogger.  It "unblogged" this review (I had it posted a few days ago), wiped all the comments, and I had to retype the whole review because it was re-saved as the draft I wrote a month ago.  *&$*(@ Blogger has been such a pain lately with the buggy image uploader, posting limitation, and now "unblogging" of posts. Oh for chrissake.  Not to mention, I was browsing and commenting on blogs for the last 2-3 days and I noticed NONE of my comments ever got posted - then I heard from blogger that comments from the last few days were being lost *sigh*  So yeah, if my wording in this review is very short and impatient sounding it's because this is my 2nd time writing it -_-

    Control oil and repair skin: Yogurt extracts deeply nourish skin and keeps skin watery and shine-free.

    Tannins extracted from Witch Hazel, Birchwood and walnut soothes and moisturizes skin.


    Hydrate skin: Hyaluronic acid extracted by biological technology prevents water loss and provides deep hydration.

    Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized.
    Purchased at: Sasa - it's OOS right now though.

    Price: $2.00/for a pack of 2 masks = $1.00/each (cheapest price I've paid for 1 mask yet :D)!


    It was kind of cool getting a mini-box of masks.  It's a really nice way to try a mask out more than once yet without getting stuck with a box of 10 if you end up not liking the mask. 

    Packaging: MBD Natural Key line packaging isn't very ornate to begin with but this Yogurt mask was simple to the point of being...boring :\  Not hugely important but surely they could have embossed something more than just silver lines :P

    Suitable for: Oily and acne skin / combination skin.

    Directions: Put the mask on cleansed and toned face. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and peel off. If some serum is left, gently massage for better absorption. No rinsing is necessary. Followed by usual skin care products.


    Overall

    Left: MBD Yogurt mask Right: MBD Mixed Berry mask

    Fit: VERY STRANGE.  This mask had six slits, the eye holes were larger, and the nose hole was shorter.  All the previous MBD masks I have tried have been like the one on the right, with two slits around the chin with large forehead space.  This MBD Yogurt mask did not fit my face shape very well at all :(

    I actually wondered if this mask was a fake but I bought it from Sasa which is pretty legit (right?) and the packaging seemed pretty good...it had none of the fake giveaways like printed expiration dates, crooked slits on the envelope etc.


    It seems to be the real thing though... If anyone knows what's up with these MBD masks let me know.

    Scent: Vanilla yogurt.  Very delicious scent.

    Left: MBD Yogurt mask Right: MBD Mixed Berry mask


    Mask texture: This mask was exceptionally thick and cloth-y compared to previous MBD I've used.  I did NOT like it because it refused to stick to my face very well.  The flaps kept coming off :(   I much prefer the thinner MBD masks.

    Excess serum: A quarter-sized amount. Typical for the MBD Natural Key line.

    Claims:
    Control oil and repair skin: Yogurt extracts deeply nourish skin and keeps skin watery and shine-free. <-- I will never get used to the Asian love of describing nice skin as "watery" aka hydrated -__-

    Tannins extracted from Witch Hazel, Birchwood and walnut soothes and moisturizes skin. <-- even though I experienced itching, in the end my face did look brighter and soothed.  I don't feel like this was very moisturizing though. It wasn't drying per se but it was not as hydrating as other masks I've tried.

    Hydrate skin: Hyaluronic acid extracted by biological technology prevents water loss and provides deep hydration. <-- Definitely no on the "deep hydration"

    Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized. <-- "nanospehere technology" aka paper that has tiny holes in it to hold the serum -_-;; 
    Experience:  Loved the scent when I opened the packet - sweet vanilla yogurt.  My face itched at first and there was no cooling effect.  After 5 minutes the itching went away and once I removed mask my face felt extreamly "clean" and refreshed somehow.  A con: the mask left about 1-2 inches of my forehead bare (big forehead heehe).   After using the mask, the remaining essence was quickly absorbed into the skin with just a few seconds of massaging your face, and it’s not sticky at all.  My face was startlingly brighter - almost to paleness and redness was way down and I experienced no irritation despite the initial itching.  The first time I forgot to moisturize and my skin was a tad dry in the morning so it was not very hydrating. You definitely need to moistuize afterwards.  Nonetheless, even though my face was a tad dry, redness was way down and my skintone was remarkably even.  The effect is enough that I noticed it (which is saying something as use a lot of sheet masks).  Only con is that it's a little drying and I get a mild itching the first 10-15 minutes I put it on.

    Unfortunately, the second time I used the mask (I itched again), the next day I noticed that 2 pimples had popped up on my face.  I am not sure if the mask caused the pimples or they were just under my skin already :P  I guess this means that this mask doesn't "prevent" pimples though ^_^ My skin did look brighter, however, and my skin felt quite smooth.

    Overall results: This mask smells faintly of sweet milk, nothing too intrusive. I liked the scent a lot.  I hated the odd thickness of the mask though.  Even though it was well absorbed with essence (so none of that gooey essence dripping down your neck) it did not fit my face well.  I used this mask consecutively for 2 nights, and each morning I woke up to fresh skin, no oil slick in my T-zone; dry peeps will definitely need to moisturize though. Blemishes and blotchiness are also reduced.  The reason I will NOT re-purchase, despite the good results, is that I got two pimples on the 3rd day and the fit of the mask.  Given I am not sure if the pimples were already "ready to come up" and if this box of masks was a fluke in terms of shape, but those two things ruined the overall experience for me.  Yogurt is supposed to be good for people with acne-prone skin but I think you would be safer using "real" yogurt, not this mask.  I can't really recommend this mask overall :(  There are definitely better masks out there.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid 

Display Banner

Total Pageviews