Puccho Kajitsu King Candy + Otano no topo (Creme Brulee) + Award

    Nothing like spending a leisurely Sunday eating sweets, watching My Fair Wedding reruns, and surfing the internet.  Love it ^_^


    Let me introduce you to one of the most interesting candy I've eaten in awhile - Puccho Kajitsu King candy.  The bag makes me chuckle ^^ It's pretty off the wall even considering the Asian love of kooky packaging~ 


    It has real chunks of dried strawberry and pineapple in it and is made by the same company who makes Hi-Chew, so the white part has a similar (if not identical) flavor and consistency.


    I really dig how they used real bits of fruit in the candy, which you can really taste since the white part doesn't really taste like much - it tastes (and looks) exactly the same as the white coating on the Hi-chew candies.  There is a definite pineapple flavor, more than strawberry, which is understandable since it's naturally a stronger flavor. Since there's fruit the texture of the candy is pretty odd...dried fruit + chewy candy but it's not unpleasant. 

    This is definitely one of the more unique candies I've ever eaten and it's my brother's favorite Asian candy - and that's saying something since he always tries every piece of candy I buy (usually behind my back -____-).  ahhah and it is certainly a must try :}


    Otona no topo is a kind of bastardized Pocky ^_^ all the coating is on the inside~


    Each box came with two packets :} The hollow tubes are coated on the inside with a (really) sweet creme brulee flavored cream, but it lacked the subtly of real creme brulee so I actually didn't like this too much :\  The cracker part was oddly...salty?  and that made the cream even sweeter.  I prefer the "real" Pocky ^_^  You won't be missing out on much if you don't try this I think.

    Also, this is much belated post but Elisa of Memorable Days was kind enough to tag me for this awhile back :)


    I tried valiantly to not tag people who have been tagged before by me so here goes to my more recent discoveries (or those I hadn't gotten to tagging till now) who have impressed me with their well-rounded posts and lovely personalities:

    1. Dina (XYYan)
    2. Bubbles & Beauty
    3. Slowbro's Dreams
    4. patikym
    5. Bibi
    6. Silky Bow
    7. Beauty & Gardens
    8. Rinny's Beauty Diary
    9. The Little Dust Princess
    10. The Pioneer Woman - this isn't a "beauty" blog but who doesn't know this lady?!   She takes lovely landscape and food photos for one thing and just about the only person I can think of who talks so much about cows xD   She's really catapulted to fame via her blog - she's been on Food Network, published a cook book, is writing another book (a love story) and apparently it's being made into a movie with Reese Witherspoon in it O_O  And her photographs...*_*!
    11. Musings of an Offbeat Biped
    12. eyeseeyouuu - circle lens and her pencil sketches O_O
    13. Cosmeddicted
    14. BethLovesApple
    15. Buhay sa Korea - Filipino living in Seoul.  One of the few strictly personal blogs I read ^_^

    FYI: I tagged a lot of people in previous award tags but I'm really bad with going around and 'alerting' people ^_^ So, please - if you have time, please mosey on over through my old award tags cuz I prolly tagged you and didn't tell you :P

    I hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend!
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid 

Display Banner

Total Pageviews