Review: My Beauty Diary Red Vine Mask


    I am crazy behind on sheet mask reviews ;_; I'm going to try to crank all of 'em out before January is up eheh ^^

    Purchased at: Sasa

    Price: $12.10/10 masks = $1.21/mask

    Description:
    My Beauty Diary NATURAL KEY LINE Red Vine Mask whitens, tightens skin and fights against oxidization.
    Antioxidant: contains polyphenols in Flavonoid serves as an effective antioxidant to fight against free radicals and suppress the formation of collagen dissolvent, keeping skin elastic.
    Convergent skin and boost circulation: Anthocyans and tannins boost circulation and convergent skin, leaving skin white and tight with natural blush.
    Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized.
    Suitable for: It is ideal for all skin types, especially loose and dull skin.

    Experience: I immediately smelled wine when I opened the mask. Mask was nicely drenched but being a cheapskate, I was sad that there wasn't enough serum to put on my neck too.  That said, the MBD serums are excellent - they dry perfectly!  No crust like Silk Whitia or irritation that I got from the FaceQ Red Pomegranate+CoQ10 mask.  One bad thing - once I got a weird rash just under my eyes (aka on my eye bags) after I used it but I can't figure out of it was this mask or something else.  Either way, I've continued to use this mask and haven't had any problems again.  But I will say that I infinitely prefer the MBD Apple Polyphenol mask.


    Overall:
    Fit: Pretty good. It has fewer slits than the FaceQ masks but it fits well enough.  Much better fit than Silk Whitia masks.  I'll be doing a FaceQ vs MBD vs Silk Whitia mask comparison once I'm done doing all the individual mask reviews :}

    Scent: It reeks of alcohol.  Doesn't bother me ehehe but holy balls it smells like a frat party in a mask - cranberry juice + vodka is what comes to mind.  People may find it a repelling scent but some may love it ;)

    Texture: Paper-like, very thin.  It's basically thinner than Silk Whitia masks but a hair thicker than FaceQ masks. 

    Excess serum: Compared to Silk Whitia (drenched) and FaceQ (drenched), MBD doesn't have a lot excess serum.  Don't worry, the mask itself is plenty wet, but I usually don't any extra serum to put on my neck.   Fyi, I've used about 7-8 MBD masks so far and none of them have had as much serum as Silk Whitia or FaceQ masks.

    Claims:
    Antioxidant: contains polyphenols in Flavonoid serves as an effective antioxidant to fight against free radicals and suppress the formation of collagen dissolvent, keeping skin elastic. <-- Yes, my skin seemed more elastic-y.
    Convergent skin and boost circulation: Anthocyans and tannins boost circulation and convergent skin, leaving skin white and tight with natural blush. <-- My skin did seem whiter; it took a lot of redness from scars away temporarily, but I dunno about a natural blush.
    Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized. <-- Yes, this was quite moisturizing.
    It is ideal for all skin types, especially loose and dull skin.  <-- I would say there was a bit of firming up going on, my skin definitely felt plumper and more hydrated.  And yes to the skin brightening too.
    Overall Results: Other than that odd rash under my eyes I got once (aka the most sensitive part of a face), this mask has been working fine. I usually fall asleep with sheet masks on (more cheapness) and the next day my face was plushy, very smooth, and white.   And let me throw in a bit of info about products that claim to 'whiten' (at least in Korea): "whitening" means that it's trying to lighten/whiten scars and hyper-pigmentation - not make your natural skin color whiter (though the reduction of hyperpigmentation may make your skin seem lighter).  The goal of Korean (and I suspect most Asian) "whitening" products are to even out skin tone via lightening/whitening unnatural hyper-pigmentation aka darker skin that was caused by sunburns and acne.  Somehow, along the way whitening products have become misinterpreted (understandably so) as products that make you lighter than your original skin color. In other words, the vast majority of whitening products (at least the Korean ones) may take a NC20 person who has tanned the hell out of her skin back to original skin color but will NOT take a NC30 to a NC20 if your are a natural NC30 without a tan. I'll talk more about this another day.  There was a shininess you can either take as oiliness or luminosity - I think it's both - my face was very moisturized.  Make no mistake, this is a decent mask but I don't feel this is the most "effective" mask I've used.  Overall, I'm going to finish the box but I will not re-purchase.  I also much prefer the MBD Apple Polyphenol Mask *heart*
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid 

Display Banner

Total Pageviews