Review: Silk Whitia Anti-Oxidation Whitening Mask


    Purchased at: Sasa

    Price: Normally, it's $16.60 for 5 masks but till 1/31/2011, you get 1 box FREE ^_^ (so now is the time to buy Silk Whitia masks yo). Thus I paid $16.60/10masks = $1.66/mask.  Fyi, I always spend $75+ on Sasa to get free shipping.

    Description:
    Silk Whitia Anti-Oxidation Whitening Mask contains a rich content of Vitamin C and highly effective anti-oxidant ginseng extracted that turn dull skin bright. The whitening essence works effectively on the skin, lightening dark spots and producing a radiant appearance.
    Suitable for: All skin types.


    Experience: The mask is dripping with serum, you need to be over sink or you'll get droplets everywhere.  I've used about 10 Silk Whitia masks and they all come dripping with handfuls of excess serum.  This mask smelled strongly of dishwashing soap -_- It was immediately off-putting, but I got used to it quickly.  As with all Silk Whitia masks, this one leaves about 1/2 inch of my forehead bare eheh but this doesn't bother me since I do not have scars/acne on my forehead.  Since the mask is very thick it takes awhile to dry ^_^

    Despite the dishwasher scent, this mask is very effective imho.  While this is on my face, my face seems to "cool down" a lot - I suspect this is mainly from the fact the mask is simply drenched in serum but whatever, it really does temporarily bring down the redness of scars.  My face feels very refreshed and my face is truly luminous and hydrated after I take it off.  Downside is, once again, the serum leaves a crust so my face must be rinsed or wiped down with toner afterward. However, I cannot say this is a flaw with the formula since the directions explicitly states to "rinse face with water."  *lazy*

    Overall:
    Fit: May not cover those with big foreheads (like me ^_~) very well.  Otherwise fits decently on me, though it is the least adjustable mask compared to MBD and FaceQ because there are no slits on the sides.

    Scent: Legit smells like dish-washing soap.   The scent surprised me because I expected it to be more citrus-y...like Vitamin C-ish.

    Mask Texture: Soft mask, very thick, holds lots of serum.

    Excess serum: I always have a ton of excess serum with Silk Whitia masks, usually 1-2 handfuls I kid you not).  Downside is, like the Silk Whitia Soy Milk Whitening Mask, the serum of this one leaves a crust anywhere that wasn't covered with the mask and must be rinsed after mask removal.  But like I said, it's not "flaw" in Silk Whitia's formula since it's stated in the directions that it needs to be rinsed.

    Claims:
    Brighten dull skin <-- Yes, but almost every mask does this, at least temporarily.
    Lighten dark spots <-- It lightens scars temporarily but as for long term lightening? I dunno. So far, I don't think so.
    Produce a radiant appearance <-- Yes, my face seems very luminous afterward, very full and smooth.
    Overall Results: I picked this up after fuzkittie's rave reviews ^_^  I believe she stated that this was her favorite Silk Whitia mask, along with the Silk Whitia Soy Milk.   On both counts I will agree that both of these masks are highly effective, though I prefer the Soy Milk mask (it smells a lot better and seems oddly gentler).   The plentiful excess serum is also a nice bonus since Silk Whitia masks are quite expensive compared to FaceQ and My Beauty Diary masks.   This mask did make my face seem more luminous and feel very clean/refreshed, but I think the Soy Milk is more hydrating and seems to make my face a wee bit more luminous (tho I admit that could just be in my head).  However, I will not be re-purchasing this fairly expensive mask because I do not like the scent and the mask isn't so effective I am willing to both put up with the scent, price, and rinse my face afterward.  I feel that there are plenty of other masks out there that suit my laziness and have a much more pleasant aroma.

    That said, I will be continuing to try more Silk Whitia masks and will probably re-purchase the Silk Whitia Soy Milk mask, which I adore in every way (except the rinsing part), so I am willing to put up with the crust residue and price.  Overall, Silk Whitia masks seem quite effective and are well-made.  But I will say at this point, after trying a number of FaceQ, Silk Whitia, and MBD masks, so far MBD masks are my overall favorite.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid 

Display Banner

Total Pageviews